Why Use a Staffing Agency
Many businesses in the United States are using temporary workers to help augment their full-time team. In fact, 42% of employers had planned to hire temporary workers in 2014, up 40% from 2013. Companies or businesses use a staffing agencies for a variety of reasons from having excess workers for busy times, including the holidays and during the summer, fill-in staffing gaps in due to vacations or leaves, assist with large special projects or to take over regular worker’s repetitive activities. Why do companies use staffing agencies? Staffing agencies are able to accommodate last minute staffing needs brought by sickness. The employees are trained by the staffing agency, making it easier for a company to continue with their day-to-day productivity.
Types of Companies that Use Staffing Agencies
Staffing agencies are extension of a company’s Human Resources department. Any and all types of companies use staffing agencies to fill staffing gaps or help take care of special project or event assistance. Staffing agencies can be a general employment agency or can be specialists in certain areas of staffing services such as hospitality, industrial/warehouse/manufacturing, construction, and skilled trades like carpenters, electricians, welders, plumbers, and equipment operators. For professional services, companies that use staffing agencies are able to find temporary employees for administrative support, customer service, call center, or hospitality including seasonal staffing for resorts, facilities, special events and more.
Benefits of Using a Staffing Agency
Staffing agencies can provide employees with a wide variety of disciplines to meet all the needs of the business. There are many benefits of using a staffing agency for hiring temporary or permanent staff.
- Staffing companies can be more “in tune” with the up-to-date employment trends, law changes and recruitment best practices that a company’s Human Resources department might not be aware of.
- Temporary workers help to handle work overload and “burn-out” for permanent staff. Full-time employees can focus on their main tasks while maintaining productivity instead of taking on additional work that could be done by a temporary staff member.
- Temporary employees give a business the chance to “try out” an employee before making a permanent offer of employment. A business can see how the employee will fit into the corporate culture and how well they work with other employees.
- Businesses can use temporary employees as much or as little as needed.
- Another reason why a company should use a staffing agency is that having temporary employees will cut the cost of a company’s overhead. The staffing agency is in charge of providing benefits, workers compensation insurance, payroll taxes and unemployment claims.
- Businesses can reduce the costs and time of recruitment, screening and hiring new employees by using a staffing agency.
- Staffing agencies provide training for employees, so they are prepared when they arrive on the site of a business.
Having the right temporary employee is very important for a business to success. A staffing agency’s purpose is to match the right candidate to the job position. Allied Forces is a leader in staffing services with over 30 years of experience in the temporary staffing industry. We are focused on matching the right temporary employee for the right jobs so that a business’s productivity will not be affected by staffing shortages.